Management Training and Advisory Centre (MTAC) is a body corporate under the Ministry Trade, Industry and Cooperatives (MTIC). The Centre was inaugurated on 14th July 1964 as a project of the Government of Uganda (GOU) that was funded by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the executing agency was the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
The successful project was subsequently transformed into the MTAC, which was established by the Management Training and Advisory Centre Act, 1969.
- To assist Government departments, public and private institutions with advisory and training services;
- To assist industry and other economic sectors in improving management practices;
- To assist existing and new enterprises in studying designs of new products, models and devices;
- To prepare citizens of Uganda for managerial, functional and supervisory roles in industries and business enterprises;
- To help citizens of Uganda to become entrepreneurs;
- To raise the standard of skill of workers employed in industry;
- To organize and conduct training courses for semi-skilled and skilled workers.
Vision & Mission
The MTAC’s Vision is “a world of job creators and effective managers”
The mission is “to improve management performance and promote enterprise development through training and consultancy”.
The Centre’s institutional character is embedded in the values of professionalism, teamwork, customer focus and high quality service.
MTAC’s core mandate is to promote enterprise development and sound management practices through training, advisory, entrepreneurship development services and business.
Over the years, the Centre has been instrumental in assisting industry and other economic sectors in improving management practices and, more critically, assisting Ugandans to become entrepreneurs and job creators.
The Centre’s compliance with principles of good corporate governance is reflected through a properly constituted Council from the public sector, private sector and employee organisations.
The Council has three committees for effective discharge of its duties. These are the Professional & Academic committee, Finance & Development Committee Finance and Human Resource Committee.